Friday, April 18, 2008

Whirlwinds

Things are suddenly busy. Last Wednesday, I visited an ESL department and it just clicked, this is what I want to do, for reals, and I am gathering up all my graduate school application materials. At the same time as I'm requesting reference letters, two people asked me for references--one for massage licensing, one for a character reference for the Bar. Then, we had our annual department retreat at Day Job this week, which means missing a day of work, which means scrambling at work, as well. Throw in that we're having the first beautiful weather of the year, plus I was in the last pages of The Amber Spyglass, and we have a tired, tense kStyle with piles of work and a desire to just stretch out in the sun and read.

So, I divert you to the important anthropological studies going on here.

No comments: