Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mental Health Day

...started with a trip to the doctor's for a titer. I don't have a complete vaccination record, and State Laws want to know whether graduate students are immune to MMR and Hep B. Weird, right? I'm sure that some statistician in some public health office determined this was necessary.

Then to Trader Joe's for a grabbag of ingredients in order to make Big Breakfast! And Banana Bread for Tomorrow! I came home and began frying the Niman Ranch bacon, which wafted a sinfully delicious, smoky smell throughout our little condo. Then: too smoky! Turn on the fans!

Feeling quite devil-may-care today, I made our French toast using Texas-style bread, those soft, white, thick slices, and yes, I fried it in the bacon grease. To class it up, I added a touch of cinnamon and vanilla.

Then we ATE!

Then we sat on the couch. I looked at Architectural Digest and once again contemplated how much I would enjoy a living in a home with panoramic views of the Rockies.

Next up, shiatsu laundry and baking banana bread, with a side of meditation during baking time/dryer cycle. I also have some not-so-fun items on the list today: finishing my financial aid application and a trip to the bank.

I'm trying to convince G. to take at least half the day off with me. He is thus far noncompliant. He did not complain about breakfast, though.

No comments: